Are you feeling pressure or tension in your life? Dealing with stress is not always easy. If you can’t anticipate the outcome, and you don’t know how to proceed, then things can become overwhelming. Fortunately, stress can be managed in healthier ways. You can learn from your past, and you can become more equipped to navigate through unknown obstacles that may lie ahead.
Here are some simple suggestions of how you can manage your stress:
- Pray: Quiet yourself before God and ask Him to help you. Let this be the first thing you do.
- Take a break: A momentary diversion can help you from being consumed by what bothers you.
- Nourish yourself: Your body depends on good food, and plenty to drink in order to function properly.
- Share your concerns: Reach out to your spouse, trusted friend, or the leadership in your church.
- Stay fit: Doing some exercises like stretching, or even working out, can help your body during those stressful times.
- Do your favorite thing: Listen to music, read a book, take a nap or whatever else would quiet your soul, and bring peace to your mind.
- You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. (Philippians 4:13)
- Your health may fail, and your spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of your heart; he is yours forever. (Psalm 73:26)
- Even when your anxiety is great within you, God’s consolation can bring you joy. (Psalm 94:12)
- Jesus offers His yoke for your rest. You can learn from Him. He is gentle and humble of heart, and with Him, you will find rest for your soul. (Matthew 11:28-30)
- Be encouraged to commit your ways to the Lord in whatever you do and He will establish your plans. (Proverbs 16:3)
I pray for each person who is trying to manage their own stress. May you bring your comfort, wisdom, and reassurance to them. Pour out your love, and give them your peace. Speak kindly to them, and let them hear your voice. As they follow your direction, may they be encouraged, strengthen, and renewed by your indwelling Holy Spirit, and the leading of your Son, Jesus of Nazareth. Amen.
Developing a passion for prayer is possible for every believer in Jesus Christ.
Here are 10 things to consider while you grow in your passion for prayer:
- Acknowledge your sin: One of the roles of the Holy Spirit is to convict us of sin. His conviction brings life, while man’s condemnation brings death. The Holy Spirit will always draw you to Jesus as your Life, so follow His leading.
- Faith in action: Study the examples of those people who walked by faith. For example, Hebrews 11 gives a beautiful description of many people who trusted God. When your faith is weak, then ask Jesus for His strength to help you.
- Choose to obey: Obedience is better than sacrifice. You learn obedience by trusting God, even when you make a mistake. He sees your heart, and your willingness to try, so continue to read His Word and obey His voice.
- Be genuine: The light of Christ dwells in you, so let His light shine. This means you are called to be authentic before God and before other people. Your authentic self – Christ within you – is who God calls you to be.
- Practice forgiveness: Forgive others just as He has forgiven you. When you practice forgiveness you release yourself from your offender. This freedom allows you to walk in the genuine love that Jesus demonstrated on the cross.
- Still your heart: If your life is busy, then take time to quiet yourself before God. When you are quiet, you are at rest. Being at rest means you are better able to hear His voice, receive His love, and experience His peace.
- Socialize: Spend time outside of your box. Be with other believers in Christ who can support you. Share your concerns, be involved in their lives, and take time to build authentic relationships with those you can trust.
- Pray for others: Intercede on behalf of other people as they make their prayer requests known you. This allows you to be “other focused” and it helps to give you a bigger picture of what is happening around you, and how you can provide support to others.
- Listen to Jesus: He desires to speak with you, as much as you enjoy talking with Him. He knows the desires of your heart, and He wants to help you to explore your passions with Him. Listening to Him allows you to become better acquainted with His voice and knowing His direction for your life.
- Find a mentor: Every believer in Jesus Christ needs a mentor. This is a person you admire, who is mature in their faith, and who is willing to spend time with you, as you mature in your own faith.
Heavenly Father, help us to grow in our passion for prayer. May we consider what is important in your eyes, so that we can continue to be conformed to the image of your Son, and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. (John 3:16-18)
I pray for every Muslim who desires to know about your extravagant love. You have demonstrated this love by sending Jesus of Nazareth into this world. Your Son came not to condemn them, but to save them. For your desire is that none of them perish, but for all of them to have eternal life.
May your perfect love remove any fear in responding to you. Bring supernatural encounters of your love to them, so that they can hear you speak, and understand what you have to say. Open their eyes to see, give them ears to hear, and hearts to believe in what you have accomplished through your Son, Jesus of Nazareth.
Holy Spirit you know how to reach them. Your conviction brings life. Your presence brings comfort. You lead us into all truth, and you bear witness of Jesus of Nazareth. Holy Spirit, come and make known the lavish love of the Father to every Muslim who wants to believe. Amen.
I pray for those who experience frequent headaches, and who struggle to understand what causes them. Minister your peace into their troubled hearts to remove whatever burdens are weighing them down. Lift them from their place of despair, and allow your joy to become their strength. Let them not become overwhelmed by the cares of this life, but rather help them to stay rooted and grounded in your love. Speak your words of life, encouragement, strength, and support to them. As they move forward, may your comfort, reassurance, and steadfast love, guard their way, so that they can be relieved of their pain, and move with you into a brighter future. Amen.