It’s not easy to go back to work on Monday, especially if you have really enjoyed your weekend. You could be asking yourself where did the weekend go, and is it Monday already?
Today is the first day of the work week, and it’s common if you struggle to get going. Your body may be present, but your mind can be elsewhere. You might feel tired, unmotivated, and ready to go back to bed. Even though it can be challenging to start your day, remember that Jesus is right there with you.
- God loves you – know this in your head, and start believing this in your heart.
- God is for you, always with you, and never forsaking, nor abandoning you.
- He sees your diligence, knows your faithfulness, and is very pleased with you.
- His delight is in you, for He is aware of when you give of yourself, preferring others above yourself, and laying down your life for them.
- Always remember that you are forgiven of all your sins, fully restored in relationship with your Heavenly Father, and declared a righteous child of God by believing in Jesus of Nazareth.
You know who you are, and whose you are, so begin this day by thanking God for what He is revealing to you. Let Him establish you in His ways, share His thoughts with you as you need to hear them, and complete you with His wonderful presence.
Ask for His peace to calm your troubled heart whenever worry tries to steal your joy. Give Him your weakness for His strength. Receive His love when you feel empty, and enter into His rest when you feel tired.
Be still and know that He is your God. You can trust Him to make your path straight. You can allow His perfect love to cast out all fear, and you can enjoy the sound of His voice, as He reminds you that you are His treasured possession.
So, enjoy Monday, as a special gift from God to you. Amen.