As a believer in Jesus Christ, your true identity is found completely in Jesus.
- You are God’s child : When you received Jesus Christ, and believed on His name, you gained the right to become a child of God (John 1:12).
- You are justified by faith: Jesus was delivered over to death for your sins and was raised to life for your justification. Therefore, you have been justified through faith, and you have peace with God through your Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 4:25-5:1).
- You are free from condemnation: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for you who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:1-2).
- You have direct access: Therefore, since you have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, hold firmly to the faith you profess. For you do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with your weaknesses, but you have one who has been tempted in every way, just as you are—yet he did not sin. Come and approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that you may receive mercy and find grace to help you in your time of need (Hebrews 4:14-16).
- You are a citizen of heaven: But your citizenship is in heaven. And you can eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform your lowly body so that you will be like his glorious body (Philippians 3:20-21).
What other truth statements can you find in the Bible about your true identity?
Your Word reveals to me my true identity. I am God’s child. I have been justified by faith and I enjoy peace with of God. I have been set free from the law of sin and death, and I can come boldly before the throne of God’s grace. You have made me a citizen of heaven, and I eagerly await my transformation, where you will make me like your glorious body. Thank you, Jesus! Amen.