There are many good benefits of prayer:
- you learn how to walk with God: He calls you to walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). Learning how to walk with God is essential for your own maturity. Faith is the hallmark of the pioneers who believed God (Hebrews 11).
- you deepen your trust in Him: You are called to trust in the Lord with all of your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6). Trusting God will enable you to depend more on Him, and less on yourself.
- you are delivered from captivity into freedom: You can call upon the Lord, and come and pray to Him, and He will listen to you (Jeremiah 29:12). God delivers you from captivity through the finished work of His Son on the cross.
- you can share your burdens with Him: Cast all your anxiety on Him, for He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7). The weight of your burdens can be relieved by His care for you. His care is a great relief in times of the most painful struggles.
- you receive what you need: you can come to Jesus, when you are weary and burdened, and He will give you rest. You can take His yoke upon you and learn from Him, for He is gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matthew 11:28-30).
I come to you through, Jesus Christ, your Son. You promise to hear my prayer, and to answer me. Show me how to walk by faith, and trust you completely. Thank you for delivering me from the kingdom of darkness and placing me in the kingdom of your beloved Son. It is wonderful to share my burdens with you, so that you can meet all of my needs. As I grow in my relationship with you, may you continue to show me all of the benefits that come from seeking you in prayer. Amen.